getting to www servers from inside where they have an Internal IP

Chris Boyd christopher.boyd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:30:01 CST 2006

hanasaki wrote:
> The problem is that www.blah.com resolves to the external internet IP
> and then gets routed out of the firewall which does not come back in and
> get forwarded to the internal webserver.  It would be ideal if internal
> web browser hits went straight to the internal server.

Do a traceroute to confirm what is happening here.  I suspect what is
really happening is an intranet request for the website only goes the
firewall and that's all.

What it seems you want is a nice squid solution here, but does your
internal intranet traffic even touch squid unless it goes out for
external internet?