OT: Where can I get free/cheap eye exam in KC ?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 05:32:28 CST 2006

 -- Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi gus,
>
> This if offtopic, but the best forum that
> I know of to ask. Where/how can I get
> inexpensive/free eye examinations so that
> I may get a prescription for a pair of
> glasses?

I don't know if the program is still available, but
Lions Clubs throughout the U.S.A. may still have a
program for low-cost, and possibly free, eye care and
eyewear for low-income people without insurance (plus
other service programs).  See if you can find a local
Lions club, I know I've heard of a few in the area,
and Lawrence has an active club called the "River City
Lions Club".  You should check out
http://www.lionnet.com/index.html for contact
information for Kansas City area Lions Clubs.