Screen Goes Black after running Xserver

Linux Rocks linux_rocks1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 15:05:13 CST 2006

Hello Everyone;

I have a problem running Debian on a Acer TravelMate
260 laptop:

The system boots up and I can login in the command
prompt and change to different screens (ctrl-alt-f1 to
f7). But, Once I startx I CANNOT change screens. I
know I can "kill" X by pressing ctrl-alt-backspace but
when I do this the monitor just goes black and I
cannot do anything else. The only choice I have here
is to ctrl alt del and restart the system.

I've done some searches in google but no help.

I am running:
kernel 2.6.15 on a Acer TravelMate 260 Laptop;
1Ghz over 200 Meg of ram
Debian 3.0

Thanks in advance for your help.