wireless cards for laptop

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Sat Jan 7 00:17:15 CST 2006

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:49:59 -0600
Tom Bruno <tom at limesg.com> wrote:

> I have a Dell TrueMobile 1150, it is an Orinico chipset, fully
> supported, and with a kernel patch you can
> even use kismet with it for war driving.

  Be very careful with Dell on this sort of thing.  Dell changes out
  the chipsets and does not change model numbers or anything you can
  see externally ( website, specs, etc. ) to reflect it.

  This is a perfect example as I have a Dell TruleMobile 1150 that is
  a broadcom chipset that isn't supported.  So I've got to use a pcmcia
  LinkSys card.