where to shove the spare machines

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:12:07 CST 2006

On 1/3/06, Jon Pruente <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got pare machines out the wazoo.  My wife would love it if I
> could trim it down a bit.  What spec level are you looking for? If
> anyone else is looking for low or low-mid spec machines, drop me a
> line.
>
> Jon.

Me too.  And there are others like us.  We need something practical to
do with the low and low-mid spec machines.  We know from experience
that they make perfectly dandy low-volume servers and firewalls for instance.

If only there was a boot floppy that would turn the dust magnet into something
that would be of use.  Or if there was a need for text terminals.  Or
even X terminal.
X servers are entirely dandy on anything faster than 150 Mhz.  Really they are.

Please contact me off-list if you would like to be involved in a project to
recycle spare computers into something useful -- or on-list if you think that
such a project makes sense as a LUG project.

--
David L Nicol
"our community is healthier because they had the power to make that