proposed solution to signal to noise ratio problem

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:58:47 CST 2006

I've gone to using gmail and a "kclug" label.  This way I don't even
have to bother with downloading all the messges that I don't want.  I
can clean 'em off the server, and then nab the rest with POP3 if I
want to.  I usually leave 'em on gmail and use the web interface
anyway.  It's easier to deal with than keeping two laptops and two
desktops with sychronized mail.  Of course, one laptop and one desktop
both run Ubuntu, while the other two run OS X.  I tend to split my
time between applefritter.com and ubuntuforums.org, so KCLUG gets my
attention when I remeber to check my email.  I'm horrible at that
anyway.  There's usually some entertaining thread going on here.  I
must say, 3 different technical user cultures gets one in a pickle
remembering where you read that one post about the what-have-you
software...

Jon.