Domain Registrars

Don Erickson derick at zeni.net
Thu Feb 16 15:38:56 CST 2006

Greetings luggites:

I have a question about peoples' experiences with domain registrars.  I
migrated away from Network Solutions about five years ago, and have been
mostly content with registerfly.com (although their web interface has
expanded until it has become an incomprehensible tangled mass of crap, but
I digress) until about a month ago, when they have been unable to renew a
domain that was originally registered through them.  They're a reseller
for ENOM and apparently now they're transferring the domains to themsleves
before renewing, which is apparently beyond their capabilities.  I
received a support ticket email stating that the "transfer" had been
approved and the domain would be renewed in a couple of days, but alas,
no.

This is rather astounding incompetence, so it's obviously time to move on.

Anyway, who do you guys use, and what are the normal prices and pros and
cons?  Cheap is good, but competence is critical.

Regards,

-Don