KCLUG.NET available

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 10 08:08:04 CST 2006

 If it is open to all, make static IP assignments for the MAC addresses
of the cards that are the network owner's.  If he needs internal LAN
access to a server, either put it in the DMZ or in local (Green) LAN and
make DMZ pinholes for those MACs/IPs to get to the server IP.  That
prevents outside/free users from getting to the local server and
network.

I'd also either make sure nocatauth is on IPCop or put it on there
yourself.  As I said before, it gives the Acceptable Use Policy for
outside users.  The first Internet hit they try will bounce them to the
AUP.

If you want to filter Internet access, use Dan's Guardian.  There is
info on the IPCop page about adding it.

Good Luck