Ubuntu and Kubuntu vs. Mepis.... Gentoo?

Brian Kelsay ripcrd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:27:37 CDT 2006

This problem booting tips me off to one problem I've run into on older PCs
with newer distros.  I was a frequent user of DSL on a laptop until a new
version came out and it wouldn't boot.  I skipped a version or two and then
came back.  It turns out that a lot of people had a problem.  I don't recall
the exact reason, but now they release two .iso files and the one that works
has syslinux in the title and it has something to do with how the kernel is
bootstrapped.   Can someone else explain?