Update on Ubuntu and my Church Laptop

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Apr 5 11:02:04 CDT 2006

OK, no.  You need to look on the Ubuntu forums about the media or
multimedia support or wmv support or MS codec support.  You will likely
need to make an addition to your /etc/apt/sources.list, which is a text
file that holds the list of repositories that your PC uses.  You will
have to make an entry for some location that has the codecs you need.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+forum+wmv+support&start=0&ie=utf-8
&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Yields:
http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2005/12/essential-house-keeping-in-ubuntu.
html
Read the comments also.