Update on Ubuntu and my Church Laptop

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Apr 5 09:14:08 CDT 2006

You should be able to get the windows codec package and be able to play
those with either mplayer or VLC (Videolan.org).  For Debian-based
systems I've used a foreign repo called marillat or something close to
that, but since you are using Ubuntu, looks like you should be able to
get this via universe or multiverse repository.  Look into that easy
Ubuntu install link that was sent in the original Ubuntu thread.

I tried yesterday to download the DVD.iso of Kubuntu and I got a 550
error, unable to change directory.  I'm getting it now from the European
mirror.