Laptop for Church - Which Distro

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Mon Apr 3 09:48:08 CDT 2006

I recently got my employer to donate a laptop to my church.  However, our
policy is to wipe the hard drives of all computers and laptop before they
leave the firm.

So, I need an operating system (Linux of course comes to mind first).

However, at church we want to use this as our multi-media laptop hooked up
to a projector during worship.  So it needs good sound and video.

I'm partial to Fedora Core (and version 5 was released a few days ago),
but it can be limiting when it comes to mainstream multimedia.

Do you have any suggestions for a more user-friendly multimedia distro
that works well on a laptop?

--
Thanks very much,

Jon Moss