ITEC Planning [Was: Free Fedora CDs]

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 13:25:59 CDT 2005

--- David Nicol wrote:

> if we're running out of free things we need to raise
> the price ... it would even be funny. We could
donate
> the proceeds to linux international
> and the EFF.
I doubt that will work.

> On 10/7/05, Jason Clinton wrote:
> > On Friday 07 October 2005 10:30 am, Bill Cavalieri
> wrote:
> > > Last year we gave away several different
> distro's and it seemed work
> > > very well.  Some people knew what they wanted
> and asked if we had it,
> > > others we just gave what sounded to be best for
> their needs.
> >
> > Two years ago, we ran out on the first day and I
> spent the rest of the show
> > sitting at my computer burning new ISO's ...
> >
> > And last year the CD's didn't arrive until the
> first day was almost over ... 75% of which were
> Knoppix
> -- the other 25% were SuSE
> > 9.1. And we were about 200 CD's short.

I can burn 250 CDs or DVDs and have them at the show
on the first day before the show begins. Someone
choose a
distor for me to bring. If no one chooses, I will burn

50 Mandriva, 100 Ubuntu, and 50 Fedora, 50 SuSE. They
should all be user friendly enough. Unless someone
tells me not to burn any.