Semi-OT: Macintosh networking

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 13:37:07 CDT 2005

The PowerMac is running OS 8.1, hence my confusion.
All of the information I've been able to Google covers
OS 8.5 or higher.

My brother-in-law says he might be able to find the
original OS 8.1 CDs if something needs to be on the
computer that isn't.

I am under the impression that there is no version of
Samba for OS 8.1, or that it was unable to connect to
a SMB/CIFS share.