Firefox sercurity questions

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:34:56 CDT 2005

On 5/29/05, rcedelman at comcast.net <rcedelman at comcast.net> wrote:
> SuSE's Online Update has the 1.04 update. It's still better to wait for SuSE to release the update and grab it that way, than using the built-in Firefox updater. If there's any differences in the way SuSE builds firefox, you'll get the 'correct' version through the YaST Online Update. Likewise, if you use the Firefox method, you do risk breaking something.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Rich

Interesting.  Yes, it is possible that the binary linux distributions
from firefox do not
use the same library version.  A good self-updating feature would know about
library versions.  Does firefox?  it doesn't seem to have library
versions listed
in its downloadable binary versions.

In case something were to break from accepting the firefox binary, you
could still
back it out and reinstal from YaST as I understand things.  I don't
know for sure though.