courier-imapd disconnecting and leaving stale connections

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri May 27 09:51:51 CDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 09:18 am, Jack wrote:

> Ok, this is more an annoyance than anything else. I suspect I have
> something missing in my configuration for courier. Frequently while I
> have an imap session up it will disconnect at the server and leave
> the connection process up on the server.

There seems to be a problem with the current interpretation of IMAP
connections.  KMail 1.7.1 has problems because it establishes a connection
and never closes it.  When it attempts to do something over that connection
after it has been closed by the server, it throws an error message instead of
reconnecting.

I know this really doesn't address your problem, but you might try other
clients to see if they close the connection properly.  You also might try
tweaking the "check mail" interval on TBird.