courier-imapd disconnecting and leaving stale connections

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 09:18:41 CDT 2005

Ok, this is more an annoyance than anything else. I
suspect I have something missing in my configuration
for courier. Frequently while I have an imap session
up
it will disconnect at the server and leave the
connection
process up on the server. This prevents my email
client
from downloading anymore messages until I either close
the email client, and the browser if it is Mozilla/
Thunderbird. Or by kill -SIGHUP of the offending
process. I'm forcing imap over a secure connection and
using a 9xx port. This doesn't happen with local
connection that squirrelmail uses. Anyone experience
similar behavior? Google was no help, or I didn't ask
the right question.

Thanks,
Brian D.