database

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue May 3 11:17:35 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 3 May 2005 10:59, Leo Mauler wrote:
> Is that easier to convert from Access to SQL or easier
> from SQL to Access?  (I think I know the answer, I
> just want to hear it from someone who does this
> professionally)

Well, I'm not a professional DBA but I sometimes play one. In the past I have
used MySQL's ODBC driver to connect MySQL tables to Access so that Access
reports and such could use the MySQL data as a source. Those tables that are
linked-in appear in the list of tables just like any other Access table. It's
not "copied"; every time Access needs info from those tables it sends it to
the ODBC driver which contacts the MySQL server which handles the query.

The question is: is there an ODBC driver for the two that you want to use?