Recommendations for CMS

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 21:54:26 CDT 2005

--- Jared wrote:

> Here is a gigantic list of cms software to consider,
>
> http://www.cmsmatrix.org/
Thanks, I found that and found it not to useful.

> Nearly as useful: http://www.cmsinfo.org/
Thanks, I found this one too. It was more useful by
far.

> Having installed about a dozen different CMS over
> the years,
> I can only say: Don't take recommendations from
> others--the
> range of options and quality is so diverse that no
> single
> person can recommend to you what you need.
The question is are you still using one? I'm not
really sure I want all the overhead of a full-blown
CMS. All I really want is for something with: a simple
editor, a way to manage menus, a picture gallery would
be nice, a community calendar, and I suppose it'll be
necessary to use a database to store content. The
content will be combine with a template page to give
the website a uniform look. So I suppose I'd also want
something to manage the template. While there are some
neat features in the different CMSes I'm not sure I
want all that overhead. I'd ideally like to take the
user edits and merge that with the template and create
static pages.
There are just so many CMSes to choose from it's a bit
overwhelming. So now I have to decide whether to roll
my own from scratch or cop-out and choose one. I'm not
happy with the ones I saw. I didn't see any with
pull-down menu features, and I can't tell by looking
at them what the template pages look like. Guess I'll
sites.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Brian D.