Brother Jonathan reaches 0.9.0

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Wed Jun 22 11:59:55 CDT 2005

Fellow luggites,

I have been working on an open source project
for 18 months; I wanted to have a solid core
in place before asking others for help. It is
finally ready to invite other PHP developers to
join in.

The project is written in PHP, and it manages
manufacturing Assemblies, Quotes, Invoices,
Purchases, and so forth. Target audience is a
small manufacturing business.

http://www.brotherjonathan.org/

I am writing to invite you or someone you know
to help work on this project. Here are some
vital statistics:

o Written in PHP
o uses Smarty templates
o uses the ADODB database abstraction layer
o Themeable; there is only one theme so far
o developed with a MySQL backend, but any
   major DB engine will work.
o one module is already object-oriented; the
   others are classic procedural

Although large in its own right, it is a very
small competitor for the vast Compiere project
which has been on Sourceforge's top 10 list
for over a year now. About 500 proprietary
products compete with it, also.

It needs work in the accounting module, with
testing, with documentation, and with the 200
bugfixes and tweaks that measure the distance
between a 0.9 and 1.0. An intrepid volunteer
who is willing to extract Assemblies from its
location within Quotes might be useful, also.

Also, does anyone have a PHP5 server that can
be used to host a demo? Sourceforge is still at
4.3, and it won't run there.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/brotherjonathan/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/brotherjonathan/
http://www.kcpug.org/site/modules/news/