quick network engineering review question

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:51:42 CDT 2005

I want to sniff all traffic on the upstream link at my installation.  I have a
wire that comes into my cisco router from the CSU/DSU.  The question is,
is this wire a normal ethernet wire, so that I could plug it into a hub and plug
the hub into the Cisco, that is, put a hub in line with it, or is it something
else?

I already have the crossover cable for the new connection, if plugging the
CSU/DSU wire into a hub is in fact copasetic.

Please reply on or off list as appropriate

--
David L Nicol
Twinkies and Wonderbread are mainstream Americana