scanners

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 23:28:58 CDT 2005

Greetings Luggites,

I have recently acquired a collection of pictures and
negatives. Some are 70+ years old. I'm looking to scan
in the entire collection and store on cd/dvd. The
pictures will all fit on a normal flatbed. However the
negatives are almost every shape and size other than
35mm. I'm in the process of searching for info now,
but maybe someone here can guide me in the right
direction. Does there exist a scanner that will run
under Linux than can scan negatives other than 35mm?

Also what would be the least damaging scanner? THese
negatives and pictures have sentimental value.

Thanks,
Brian