wardriving a crime in Florida?

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Mon Jul 11 11:27:52 CDT 2005

http://www.wardrive.net/wardriving/faq

My fellow wardrivers and I adhere to a relatively strict code of ethics that can be cooked down to the following:

    * Don't look.
    * Don't touch.
    * Don't play through.

In other words, 1) don't examine the contents of a network; 2) don't add, delete, or change anything on the network, and 3) don't even use the network's Internet connection for Web surfing, email, chat, FTP, or anything else. Somebody else paid for the bandwidth, and if you don't have permission to use it, you're stealing it. Basically, unless you have permission, don't connect. Consider it a matter of personal honor, even when it's unlikely that you'll be caught. (If you get too used to feeling that you won't get caught, sooner or later you will get caught!)