wardriving a crime in Florida?

Matthew Copple mcopple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:34:07 CDT 2005

I think one would have a difficult time prosecuting an individual for
merely observing radio waves. A wireless card is nothing more than a
fancy radio, after all. But jumping on someone's router, pulling an IP
and surfing on that person's bandwidth is a deliberate act, not just
passively collecting radio waves. That is network intrusion, and that
is illegal.

Matt
--
Matthew Copple
mcopple at gmail.com

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the
arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world
do not have."

-- President Ronald Reagan