FTP client and history

brad brad at bradandkim.net
Fri Jul 1 10:42:54 CDT 2005

I have a strange problem.  From my desktop (FC3/KDE) I can ftp from
Konsole to my FC3 servers and the up arrow shows my command history and
the backspace key moves you back a space like expected.  However, when I
ftp from my linux servers to another ftp server, the up arrow gives me
'^[[A'.  In addition, a coworker with a Windows desktop sees the same
behavior but also loses his backspace ability when ftp'ing from the
linux servers.  My backspace works fine.  He is always connecting to the
servers through secureCRT.  Can anyone offer any insight as to why this
happens and how to correct it?  Not having history in ftp is annoying.

Thanks,

Brad