Need help!

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 07:29:56 CDT 2005

--- "Matthew T. Eskes" wrote:
> Jack wrote:
>
> >My internet server is being actively attacked.
> >I now have a list of 130 addresses attempting to
> >break into my server. Sometimes very aggressivley.
> >I have many of these address blocked, but I am
> >concerned
> >with performance degrading of my server if I block
> all
> >of these addresses and continue to add more on a
> >regular basis. Anyone have any suggestions? There's
> >really nothing on the server worth attacking, but
> it
> >is my mail server.
> >

> I would get that box offline *now*, backup all the
> info and reinstall.

Taking the box offline would take down my mail server.
I use this yahoo account for kclug, but I get all my
regular mail through accounts on my mail server. I
didn't say the box has been compromised, I just want
advice on blocking these attacks as much as possible.
But I don't want to bring my box to a crawl to do it.

Thanks,
Brian D.