OT OS issue

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 10:21:41 CDT 2005

Best bet is:

1) back up any data,
2) format and reinstall,
3) apply all patches,
4) reconfigure and reinstall any necessary 3rd party
stuff.

That is bound to be the safest and fastest method of
fixing it.

Alternatively,
1) back up any data,
2) backoff any recent changes.
3) This may work, but probably won't.
4) This is of course the fastest way of attempting to
fix, refer to rule #3.

--- Zscoundrel wrote:
> My darling bride just updates her 'doze 98 box and
> TOTALLY fubared it.
> It locks up 3 times a day instead of the usual twice
> a week and  she is
> not able to connect  to a secure website she uses to
> VPN into the work
> LAN.
>
> Any ideas on what needs to be done to fix it.  It
> has been several years
> since I lowered myself to tinker with a 'doze box
> that I sort of forget
> the drill.
>
> Walter

> This week Bill Gates announced that he would like to
> see the limits
> removed on H1-B visas.
>
> Isn't it good enough that he can afford to BUY India
> without having to
> bring it here for storage???
No, he's just trying to put the rest of the US IT
industry out of work, in order to kill off all
software competition in the US. Resistance is futile. ;')