Mozilla mail

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:54:52 CDT 2005

Greettings Luggites!

Got a question for those who are using Mozilla mail or
also looking for suggestions. I've had Mozilla Mail
running for a several weeks now, as I now use the PC
for full time work. I've noticed that it disconnects
from my secure IMAP gateway regularly. Which would be
fine, except it doesn't reconnect, and I see no
options to switch from continuous to timed checking.
I've alos noticed that when it disconnects the only
way to then check the mail that has arrived is to
shutdown Mozilla or purge the cache. Also there is no
place I can see to have it put an icon on the task bar
so it will flash when mail arrives. So I've switched
over to using kmail. Anyone else notice this quirky
berhavior with Mozilla or recommend a good mail client
robust enough to use in a work environment?

I'm running KDE and would prefer not to load both KDE
and Gnome libraries as I'm already loading the system
down with dual KDE screen (to placate my lovely wife's
need for her own desktop, that she can use without
having to "hassle with all that crap, everytime she
wants to use it").

Thanks,
Brian Jack