Linux Certification

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at lumensoftware.com
Fri Apr 29 04:30:49 CDT 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 7:41 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:
> Is Novell still a potent force in certifications?

Very much so, you can also take the CLP in 2 locations around KC, anytime you
like.  Don't have to wait for certain dates, 3 times a year.

I was impressed with the exam, your given 150 mins, took me 130 to complete.
You have 2 servers, 2 objectives (with several tasks per objective).  The
objectives and tasks build on each other, so you can't just skip a step.

You will need to know a little bash, and how to manage a box and its services.
Can use the man and info pages, but no google IQ boost.

I'll start working on getting my CLE when the updated test and training
materials are available in June.

-Bill