Linux Certification

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Wed Apr 27 23:42:26 CDT 2005

IBM's DB2 certification tests are free at the right conferences,
otherwise, they are $120 each, and it requires two tests for a DBA or a
programmer certification.  A third one will get you certified on another
platform or technology.  I personally didn't think that they were easy
tests, and that if you can pass the tests, it shows that you are at
least competent in the technology.  Proving you're a master at something
can only be done on-the-job, and not by any testing, IMO.

BTW, I get paid $100 each month from a company, which I won't name, just
to use my DB2 certification as part of their credentials.  I do
nothing.  If I would do some work for them, I'd get paid extra for
that.  Sweet!  :-)

You can't convince *me* that certifications are worthless!

Peace,
Jim