database

Timothy A. Canon tim at crn.org
Tue Apr 26 10:58:42 CDT 2005

Jim Herrmann wrote:

> MySQL is probably the way for you to go on this application.  It's
> OSS, dual license actually, but unless you are going to sell this
> application and use MySQL, you pay a license fee.  At least, I think
> that's the requirement.  Postgres, is under a BSD license, though, so
> you could check it out.

Alternately, SQLite is in the public domain and has a relatively small
learning curve.

	<http://www.sqlite.org/>

Check here to see if it is right for your situation:

	<http://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html>

Regards,

Timothy A. Canon       Community Resource Network
Web Administrator      106 West 11th St, Suite 110
816.960.0708 x119      Kansas City, MO  64105-1806
email:tim at crn.org      website:http://www.crn.org/