Linux Certification

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Apr 18 13:03:19 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 10:58 -0700, Linux Rocks wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> I was considering to pursue a Linux certification.
> According to your opinion which certification is
> better or more rewarding to pursue, if any.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Though it is distro-specific, I think that RHCE is the top Linux
certification.  Their testing procedure is more rigorous than most other
certs.   It's a hands on lab type test instead of multiple choice or
true/false.  They have also now introduced the RHCT which is similar in
procedure, but a lower level cert.  Be forewarned....if you go for the
RHCE, study long and hard and be prepared for a grueling day on test
day.

Brad