Zone File Help

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Sun Apr 17 21:55:02 CDT 2005

For those that care, I got forward and reverse DNS working. A few minor
changes ($ and @ in wrong places).

Here is the URL to the zone, named.conf, and message log that worked:
http://www.gotopinion.info/linux/index.html

Some people asked about a few of the named.conf entries and what the
zone files that were referenced. I commented part of my named.conf and
here is the explanation:

// Prevents lookups for network addresses ending in ".255"
zone "255.in-addr.arpa" IN {
	type master;
	file "named.broadcast";
	allow-update { none; };
};

// Prevents lookups for network addressing ending in ".0"
zone "0.in-addr.arpa" IN {
	type master;
	file "named.zero";
	allow-update { none; };

Thanks to all the recommendations! You helped me out. Now on to SendMail
configuration!