Request for help: Debian firewall, and maybe some kernel upgradetips

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:52:18 CDT 2005

 Actually, you probably need a ftp tracking module installed into the
 kernel; ftp has two ports, the command and data port. The command port
 is 21, which does things like initiate transfers and list directory
 contents, etc.  It also sends a random number which pertains to the
 port number for the data port. Now that I think of it, this usually
 matters much more for the clients, I'm not so sure of the server.
 Anyone wiser than I (it isn't hard)?