$100 laptop running Linux

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 19:44:40 CDT 2005

I have a PII-300Mhz I purchased for about $240 six
months ago.  The 500Mhz laptops at HyperTech computers
 (87th & Farley) are right between $300-$400.

300Mhz is decent enough for most things, not very good
for video (VideoCD-quality MPEG1 videos run fairly
well) but it will let me do basic graphics editing and
browse on the Internet without painful
"chuggachuggachugga" waits for the swap.

Heh, wonder if there could be a system for buying
those $100 laptops from Third World Countries which
resembles the mail-order Canadian prescription drug
programs.