$100 laptop running Linux

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Apr 7 13:19:34 CDT 2005

You may be able to find a 100-300MHz on ebay for around a hundred.  I actually have a working 120MHz w/ 32MB that I would let go for $100.  It has a good screen (no bad pixels that I recall), great speakers, I'll throw a 2GB drive in and a 3COM NIC.   Only problem will be getting the sound chip working.  It's a Yamaha OPL3-Sax.  There is a driver, but it takes some work to get it going.  I may later have some other laptops for sale, but I have to test, etc.

Brian Kelsay

On Apr 7, 2005 10:18 AM, Leo Mauler <> wrote:
> Now all I need is a few of those available here...  :(
>
> I have a $60 laptop running Linux but I doubt those
> $100 machines in Third World Countries are as low-end
> as P90 laptops with 16MB RAM.

I have a P75 w/ 8MB RAM card, with OBSD, the card looks similar to a
pcmcia card but is for ram =). Runs kinda sllow =), I wish you could
find a >500Mhz for $100.