Configuring History ksh93 on FC2

John Geiger John.Geiger at FossTraining.com
Mon Apr 4 15:14:37 CDT 2005

Hello All

I have downloaded ksh93 from the ATT download site and am running it on
top of FC2.

The only issue I am having so far concerns history. Under bash,
something has been set up so that if I use the UP arrow key, the bash
shell scrolls through the .sh_history file from last entry to first. In
a similar manner, the DOWN arrow key navigates from the next entry in
.sh_history. This behavior is not working under my ksh93 implementation
though the hist shell built in is working.

So, my questions are:

*	Does anyone know how the bash shell sets the UP arrow (and DOWN
arrow for that matter) keys to cycle through the .sh_history file?
*	Does anyone know how I might be able to reproduce this behavior
under ksh93?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John M Geiger

Instructor