Not an April Fool

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Apr 1 11:05:55 CST 2005

On this note, how has the SPAM blocking been for other Gmail users out there?  I have an account and have shifted some legitimate mail over there.  I have hesitated in shifting any online registrations over there though.  Right now, I still use my old Hotmail acct as a "spam catcher".  Anything I have to give an email address for where I think I may get spam, I allow MS to take the spam.  I was a HoTMaiL user before the evil empire bought them, but the ads and crap from msn.com has gotten bad and slowed the hotmail.com to a near crawl.  It may be time to drop them completely.

I also have a yahoo.com and inbox.net account, and have tried many other free webmails over the years.  I've probably tried all the big names that have come out.  Yahoo is currently my primary email and has been working fine, but it is sometimes slow.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> 04/01/05 10:17AM >>>
Wow - this is the first time I've seen a statistic like this in the year or so
I've been paying attention:

Number of spams               :       302 ( 46.04%)
Number of clean messages:       354 ( 53.96%)

That's more REAL mail than SPAM!