New to the but not linux

Dustin Decker dustin.decker at 1on1security.com
Sun Sep 19 11:44:46 CDT 2004

Having used On-Track to recover about 36GB of corporate data after a RAID
controller sh*t the bed on me, I can tell you this is a VERY EXPENSIVE
operation.  It ran right at $11,000.00 when it was all said and done, and
their rates are pretty standard.

[snip]
> > The problem occurred after the power supply committed suicide.
> > Everything else (except this new 250 gig drive) is working just fine. As
> > a matter of fact the bios still recognizes the drive and when I use
> > webmin to look at the hard drives I have the option of creating a new
> > partition but have opted not to in hopes I might still be able to
> > reclaim the data before attempting repartitioning.

[snip]
In all honesty, I don't know that I would "trust" the drive again at this
point.  If it is still under warranty, I would perhaps "drop" it, and have
it exchanged.  It might be useful, if you can spare the time, to allow some
folks at a meeting to give their best efforts at data recovery or something?

Just a thought.

Dustin