New to the but not linux

docv consulting at vaitl.net
Sun Sep 19 07:49:11 CDT 2004

I guess I need to take this as "good" and "bad" news. I did give both of
these commands a try and keep getting the same error over and over, 'bad
superblock'. So I take it that likely means the bad news is the data on
the drive is likely gone, good news that I know how to prevent it in the
future?

The problem occurred after the power supply committed suicide.
Everything else (except this new 250 gig drive) is working just fine. As
a matter of fact the bios still recognizes the drive and when I use
webmin to look at the hard drives I have the option of creating a new
partition but have opted not to in hopes I might still be able to
reclaim the data before attempting repartitioning.

Any other suggestions before I bite the bullet and repartition? Anybody?

--
Dr. Steve Vaitl
Laser Pain Relief Center
laser at vaitl.net
(816)695-4897

Adjunct Professor, Biology and Human Anatomy
Kansas City Kansas Community College
7250 State Avenue
Kansas City, Kansas  66112