gmail initiations

Phoenician Phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Thu Sep 9 14:41:43 CDT 2004

<snip>
Subject: RE: gmail initiations
Actually, I think that Phoenician's post was aimed at my
tongue-in-cheek email and not yours. By the way the
Freedom of Information Act doesn't entitle you to get
information on other people's information such as
SSNs or tax returns, unless that person is a public official.
On top of which they are "supposed" to black out certain
parts of those documents which you can get, like SSN's.
Or were you not referring to the FOIA? But what bother's
me the most is that counties sell my information to political
candidates.  But that's another rant. entirely.
<snip>

Nah, I was giving Allen a ration of dookie but the fact that a lot of Google's servers are over seas does pose an interesting issue, especially when many foriegn countries don't have an privacy regulations.

By allowing those governmental agencies to "walk" all over your contitutional rights just because you do not do anything illegal you are, by proxy, stating that you do not care about protecting those rights.

To quote Mr. Franklin, "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

- Michienne aka Phoenician