[OT] Assembly and Microcontrollers

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Thu Sep 9 09:41:40 CDT 2004

Does anyone know of a good kit out there that would enable me to hook a
microcontroller board to me computer via some port and then transfer a
program written on my computer over to it.  I found a kit from Radio
Shack that allows it:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fnam
e=CTLG%5F006%5F001%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=276%2D625

But the programming language it uses is BASIC, which in my opinion is a
very ugly language, and not really helpful.  I'm hoping to find one that
uses either C or Assembly (preferably Assembly, because I don't know how
to program in assembly yet)

Any ideas?  I would prefer a board that is already built, or one with
very easy instructions, because I have no idea how to read a schematic
yet.  I could learn (it's on the list of things to do), but I would
prefer to wait, and work with something less expensive my first time
out.

Ok, Make sense?  Anyone know of anything out there?

Thanks for your time,

Josh