Let's consider a get together - Was: (Re: gmail)

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 16:18:00 CDT 2004

L. Adrian Griffis wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Dustin Decker wrote:
>
>>Say, it's been quite a while since I've seen some of your faces - and some
>>I've surely never met at all.  I've been missing my pals from KULUA as well,
>>but since they don't meet regularly, at least I have an excuse.  In that
>>vein, I've been thinking of throwing another "social" (troll the KULUA
>>archives to find out why they long ago quit calling them "meetings") to
>>bring many of these folks once again into close proximity.
>>
>>It makes a lot of sense to me that if such an event is likely to occur with
>>low frequency (like an annual summer BBQ or whatever), it might function
>>well if members of all LUGs in the KC area be invited to attend.
>>I'm thinking of KULUA, KCLUG, ILUG, etc.
>>
>>Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I've got ample space to host such an
>>event.
>

> Sounds like a good idea, to me.
>
> Adrian

> .

I too have ample space - being a full campground we could accommodate
any long range attendees who are campers or want to sleep in a bare
bones cabin - my wife's bookings allowing - I'd be able to get a cheap
rate for renting her 2 cabins if there is interest .  The summer still
has a few good weekends here and while being a bit north of most of this
group if any are interested do speak up . Main plus this location has is
spouses and kids can be occupied to let us geeks do our thing :>

Oren

www.campdownunder.com

"The primary result of the no child left behind program has been a net
decrease of  monies spend directly on education"