HDTV cards for Linux

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Oct 27 16:22:53 CDT 2004

Ok, now I'm confused. Isn't the HD-3000 a
HD video capture card? Doesn't it have the
proper connectors going into the card? If
not what would be the point of the card?
I see two connectors that *look* like coax
connectors on the card, one of which is
specifically designated as an antenna connector.
Not that I care, I won't be buying one,
I have no use for a HD card in my Linux machine.
Unless it is useful for doing 3D modeling, but
a good 21" monitor and a decent graphics card is
all that is really needed there. I would suspect
most VGA monitors are natively capable of HDTV?
Or am I wrong on that one?

Ok. I hadn't noticed any problem with current selections. I guess
you have be an aficionado to appreciate. Kind of like high end
stereo systems capable of blowing the windows out of one's house.
I have an old friend that had one of those systems, he's deaf now and
his $10,000 (1978 dollars) stereo is useless to him. I'm sure HD is
great to look at, kind of like Ferrari's. I'm perfectly happy with
my old beat up Chevy though.