OT RE: long sig

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Oct 27 08:54:54 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:34 pm, Brian D wrote:

> The problem with getting history from movies is ...
> well ... they are works of fictions with some
> historical facts thrown in. Teddy never invaded
> Morocco.

> http://www.theodoreroosevelt.org/life/Morocco.htm
> summary : Morocco never invaded
> date : 1904

My bad, thanks for straightening me out.  The fact that movies were my source
for this impression is why I posed it as a question.

There is another movie that focuses on this incident, "Marakesh", from 1965.
It doesn't follow "Mrs. Pedikaris" as "The Wind and the Lion" does, but
rather deals with the naval officers and their actions with the Sultan.
Curiously, imdb.com has nothing but the date.

Ok, no wars under Roosevelt I.