OT RE: long sig

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Oct 26 15:24:52 CDT 2004

Brian, there was a reenactment of the invasion of Morocco in that movie I mentioned.
They killed pretty much the whole Moroccan army in that battle.  The US Marines swarmed into the palace and took the king/sultan into custody.  I didn't watch the whole movie, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the why and the outcome.  Something to do with the taking of some American hostages (women and children) by the king/sultan's brother (played by Sean Connery) on the  mainland in Tangiers.  This was also at the time Teddy was running for reelection, I think.  He was also preparing to start the Panama Canal or it was just underway.  The first machine gun had been invented (similar to Gatling gun) and it had a part in the invasion on both sides.  The king/sultan had a prototype delivered just prior to the attack, but it jammed or ran out of ammo at some point.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 10/26/04 02:59PM >>>
I think you're thinking of Teddy's Rough Riders and
the charge up San Juan Hill. He wasn't president then.
It was however one of the greatest acts of
the current age has seen.