spamassassin question [with blacklist question]

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Mon Oct 25 18:45:59 CDT 2004

This should have gone to kclug too..

On Mon, October 25, 2004 5:04 pm, Brian Densmore said:
> My only problem here is sometimes I need to use 'cut -d\ -f11' and
sometimes
> 'cut -d\ f12'. Sometimes I have to do both in the same file. So I guess
it's time
> to pull out the sed pocket reference I have and learn something in there
to help.

Nah... you're crying out for Perl =)

#---------------------------------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

$my_ip = "192.168.0.1";
%seen = ();

# get input from stdin
while (<>) {

        # illegal = no username
        # failed  = wrong password
        if (/Failed/ || /Illegal/) {

                # match an ip address
                /(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})/;

                if ($my_ip !~ $1) {
                        $seen{$1}++;
                }
        }
}
@ips = sort keys %seen;
foreach (@ips) {
        print "$_\n";
}

The "Failed" and "Illegal" words are lines you would check to contain IP
addresses.  The hash table is to knock out duplicate IP addresses.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
Linux Tips and News! ---> http://linuxwebguy.com