spamassassin question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Oct 25 11:48:34 CDT 2004

Ok today, I tried something to get spamassassin working on my box.

The mail arrived in the regular mailbox, but I got this message
back from the server:

************************************

  pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail
    generated by brian at amason.net

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail
       generated by brian at amason.net ------

Could not lock /home/brian/Maildir/: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/NoMailAudit.pm line 381.
procmail: Program failure (70) of "/usr/bin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

***********************************

So what have I done wrong here? Does the "rescue" message
mean it sent it without filtering, and that is why I got the mail?

my .forward looks like this for the time being:
|/usr/bin/procmail
/home/brian/Maildir

I may have to do some tweaking in my ~/.procmailrc file, but it looks like
procmail is functioning, but I need to tweak spamassassin.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of
public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree
which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or
inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the
Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should
be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it
is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him
when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both
base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any
one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or
unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

--Theodore Roosevelt, Kansas City Star, May 7, 1918