It was bound to happen - suspected hack

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Thu Oct 21 10:55:28 CDT 2004

I will find chkrootkit and the other utilities you mentioned and check
them out.

I wondered about the lastlog error also.  I will research it as well.

I thought I could configure ssh to prevent root access (I never login root
remotely anyway).  I will also limit su to a single user.

Thanks again for the great information.

Jon

--
Thanks very much,