alternate shell access

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Wed Oct 20 21:51:01 CDT 2004

Quoting Brian Kelsay <Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov>:

> http://gray-world.net
>
> Gerald Combs and I were discussing alternate methods of using ssh over odd
> ports.  Some of the things at the above link apply.  Tunneling ssh over
> http/https were the main points of discussion.

There are radios that can encrypt their traffic and send it over multiple
frequencies/channels (whatever the proper terminology is) in synch. Isn't this
called "spread-spectrum?" If you could synchronize your server and client on
the same random seed or something at the start of the conversation, perhaps
they could pseudo-randomly, but in synch with one another, switch ports during
the conversation. You've still got encryption as an added layer.

Make it so. Spread-Spectrum-Secure-Shell. SSSSH.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com